German Shorthaired Pointer Winter CoatRegular priceStarting at $ 138.00
German Shorthaired Pointer Winter Coat Overview
Choose A Stylish Coat for Warmth and Comfort
Voyagers K9 Apparel understands that outfitting your best friend in winter gear can be a challenge. That's why our German Shorthaired Pointer Winter Coat is tailored to the unique size and shape of a German Shorthaired Pointer. Not only does this breed-specific winter coat provide your German Shorthaired Pointer relief from harsh weather, but you'll find the coat is easy to put on and keep on your German Shorthaired Pointer.
Reasons dogs love this winter coat:
- Windproof and waterproof protection
- Polartec® polar fleece lining for warmth and comfort
- Non-restricting fleece chest strap
- Integrated hood for extra warmth
- Reflective piping for increased visibility and safety
Why breed specific dog coats? There really is no such thing as "one size fits all" when it comes to dog coats. That's why these breed-specific dog coats are tailored to fit the unique body shape and proportions of a German Shorthaired Pointer.
Measurements are needed for all coat orders. After measuring your German Shorthaired Pointer, use your dog's measurements to select the best coat size from our standard German Shorthaired Pointer sizes. Our German Shorthaired Pointer coats are tailored to the unique body of a German Shorthaired Pointer, and are not intended to fit another breed.
MEASURE YOUR GERMAN SHORTHIARED POINTER
You will need your German Shorthaired Pointer's weight, length, and chest circumference measurements in order to select the correct size and place an order.
- NECK (N): Measure the circumference midway between the ears and base of neck.
- LENGTH (L): Measure along the back from between the shoulder blades to the base of the tail.
- CHEST (C): Measure around the widest/deepest part of the chest — usually right behind the front legs.
Printable German Shorthaired Pointer size chart with measuring tips.
THESE STANDARD SIZES FOR GERMAN SHORTHAIRED POINTERS ONLY. Our breed-specific coats are not customized to your dog's measurements, so if your German Shorthaired Pointer has unusual proportions, order a custom dog coat to fit your dog.
Be sure your dog's chest girth falls within the parameters of the size you choose. If your German Shorthaired Pointer is a puppy and still growing, read How do I choose a dog coat for my puppy?
WINTER COAT FEATURES
Help your dog enjoy the cold season more this year! Here's a winter coat that will stay on your dog and won't restrict movement. A Voyagers K9 Apparel winter coat is a stylish way to protect your dog when outdoors. You can count on durable construction, quality materials, and optimal coverage of your dog.
For extra warmth, pull the soft fleece hood up and over your dog's ears. In extreme weather, layer the Tummy Warmer under Winter Coat. Your dog will thank you!
A: Reflective piping B: Counterbalance straps C: Broad belly wrap D: Leash opening E: Adjustable neck gator F: Front chest piece
- Fabric: Taslan© nylon with DWR finish, Polartec© 200 Classic polar fleece
- Waterproof: Yes
- Machine washable: Yes
- Hood: Yes
- Leash opening: Yes
- Harness opening: Optional
- Breed-specific design provides optimal coverage of dog's body.
- Coat drapes over tail with an extra 2-3 inches of fabric beyond the base of the tail for better coverage.
- Water beads up and rolls off DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish before penetrating Taslan© fabric. Even after repeated washing, this material retains its superiority as a waterproof fabric.
- Polartec© polar fleece is soft, comfortable, and warm. We use Polartec© 200 Classic double velour fabric because it is quick-drying, colorfast, does not pill, and stands up to repeated washing for many years.
- Integrated hood of Polartec© polar fleece extends up and over dog's neck and ears for extra protection from cold and icy winds.
- Front chest piece of polar fleece is warm and non-restricting so your dog moves freely.
- Broad belly wrap of waterproof Taslan, lined with polar fleece, adjusts with Velcro straps for a snug fit that holds in heat.
- Reflective piping along lower edge of coat draws attention to dog for greater safety in dark or dreary conditions.
- Signature counterbalance straps wrap around dog's belly from both sides to prevent coat from shifting as dog moves.
- Leash opening allows for quick, easy connection of the leash to dog's collar.
- Optional customizable harness opening may be added if your dog wears a body harness.
Taking proper care of your dog's clothing is important. Please follow these instructions for cleaning your Voyagers K9 Apparel clothing.
VOYAGERS K9 APPAREL DOG WINTER COAT FABRIC CARE
Fabric A: Outer shell of waterproof Ultrex Taslan® Nylon with Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish, Fabric B: Inner lining of Polartec® polar fleece
Machine wash in cold water (do not dry clean). Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Line dry the winter coat, but do not iron.
- Clear debris and hair off the hook side of the Velcro straps with a stiff brush, needle, or another piece of hook Velcro and always engage the hook and loop pieces of Velcro before washing.
- You may spray the fleece side of the winter coat with a static eliminator. To make your own static eliminator, simply mix 1–2 tablespoons of fabric softener in 8 ounces of water.
When you purchase dog clothing from Voyagers K9 Apparel, you can count on durable construction for seasons of everyday use. Voyagers K9 Apparel has been making quality coats in the USA for dogs of any size or shape since 1993.
PROTECTING YOUR PUP WITH QUALITY AND COMFORT