Custom Dog Rain CoatRegular priceStarting at $202.00
Rain Coat Overview
Your dog (and you) will enjoy rainy days more when you outfit your dog in a coat that fits well. That's why Voyagers K9 Apparel makes custom dog apparel to provide active dogs protection and comfort in the outdoors. Every custom dog coat we make is cut and sewn to your exact specifications for the best possible fit on your dog. This lightweight, waterproof rain jacket features one of the most comfortable rain coat designs available. When raindrops hit the coat, they actually bead up and flow off the Taslan® Nylon fabric. Not only does your dog stay dry, the fabric softens the "tap tap" sound of water falling on the coat—and that's sure to please your dog.
Reasons dogs love this rain coat:
- Greater comfort in wet weather
- Full coverage from head to tail with integrated hood
- Reflective piping for increased visibility and safety
- No more wet fur!
Accurate measurements are the key to ordering a dog coat that fits. Please measure your dog and complete all required measurement fields accurately. See the Custom Measuring Guide tab for tips. Our custom dog coats are made according to your dog's unique, specific measurements, so custom dog coats cannot be exchanged, returned, or refunded.
Estimated Shipping: Two Weeks
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG
Accurate measurements are the key to ordering a dog coat that fits. Please enter your dog's measurements in the Get Your Dog Fitted area above.
- NECK (N): Measure the circumference midway between the ears and base of neck.
- LENGTH (L): Measure along the back from between the shoulder blades to the base of the tail.
- CHEST (C): Measure around the widest/deepest part of the chest — usually right behind the front legs.
- Chest Width (CW): Measure the entire width of the chest, including shoulders, straight across the front.
- Waist (W): Measure the circumference of the waist at the skinniest part — usually right in front of the back legs.
- Underbelly (U): Measure the length along the underbelly. Start behind one of the front leg and end in front of the back leg on the same side.
INCLUDE A PHOTO THAT ACCURATELY SHOWS YOUR DOG'S SHAPE
For the best-fitting coat, only send a side profile photo as described here. When taking a side profile photo, it’s important that we get a proper perspective of your dog. Start with a contrasting background. The best side profile photo will show your whole dog — taken directly from the side of your dog and at your dog’s level. Your dog should be standing normally with head level, looking straight ahead. (See sample photograph.)
HELPFUL PHOTO HINTS
It may be necessary to have small dogs standing on a table.
Sometimes it works to have your dog’s attention focused on something outside a window or patio door. We understand that this may be more easily said than accomplished.
AVOID TAKING A PHOTO THAT DISTORTS YOUR DOG'S SHAPE
Avoid an ill-fitting dog coat by taking a photo that clearly shows the shape of your dog. This side profile photo assists Voyagers K9 Apparel in making a well-fitting coat for your dog. The following types of photos should be avoided:
- If the photo is taken from the front, from above, or at a diagonal, we will not be able to see the shape of your dog's chest clearly.
- If your dog is wearing clothes, we will not be able to see the shape of your dog's chest clearly.
- If the back of your dog is arched, or the head is looking up or to the side, the view of your dog's body tends to be distorted in the photo.
- If you are holding your dog in position, the view of your dog's body tends to be distorted in the photo.
If you have any questions, please contact us at Voyagers K9 Apparel.
RAIN COAT FEATURES
Walks in the rain will be better with a rain jacket that fits. Voyagers K9 Apparel designed this rain coat to fit the unique size and shape of your dog for optimal coverage. Plus, we've added and edging of reflective piping to draw attention to your dog in dark, dreary conditions. Our choice of quality waterproof materials, durable construction, and a thoughtful design gives your dog a coat this is easy to put on (and keep on) so you both enjoy rainy days more!
On chilly days, layer the Tummy Warmer under the Rain Coat. Your dog will thank you!
A: Reflective piping B: Counterbalance straps C: Leash opening D: Fully adjustable hood E: Pleated front
- Fabric: Taslan© nylon with DWR finish, Mesh lining
- Waterproof: Yes
- Machine washable: Yes
- Hood: Yes
- Leash opening: Yes
- Harness opening: Optional
- Breed-specific design provides optimal coverage of dog's body.
- Water beads up and rolls off DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish before penetrating Taslan© fabric. Even after repeated washing, this material retains its superiority as a waterproof fabric.
- Mesh inner lining of breathable fabric feels good next to dog's fur. A microporous film blocks wind and water for a drier, more comfortable dog.
- Integrated hood is fully adjustable, extending up and over dog's neck and ears for extra protection from rain.
- Pleated front of extra fabric accommodates a dog's stride.
- Reflective piping along lower edge of coat draws attention to dog for greater safety in dark or dreary conditions.
- Signature counterbalance straps wrap around dog's belly from both sides to prevent coat from shifting as dog moves.
- Leash opening allows for quick, easy connection of the leash to dog's collar.
- Optional customizable harness opening may be added if your dog wears a body harness.
Taking proper care of your dog's clothing is important. Please follow these instructions for cleaning your Voyagers K9 Apparel clothing.
VOYAGERS K9 APPAREL DOG RAIN COAT FABRIC CARE
Fabric A: Outer shell of waterproof Ultrex Taslan® Nylon with Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish Fabric B: Inner lining of breathable mesh
Machine wash in cold water (do not dry clean). Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Line dry the rain coat, but do not iron.
- Clear debris and hair off the hook side of the Velcro straps with a stiff brush, needle, or another piece of hook Velcro and always engage the hook and loop pieces of Velcro before washing.
When you purchase dog clothing from Voyagers K9 Apparel, you can count on durable construction for seasons of everyday use. Voyagers K9 Apparel has been making quality coats in the USA for dogs of any size or shape since 1993.
PROTECTING YOUR PUP WITH QUALITY AND COMFORT