HOW TO MEASURE YOUR DOG
Accurate measurements are the key to ordering a dog coat that fits. Please enter your dog's measurements in the Get Your Dog Fitted area above.
- Length as measured from shoulder blades (beside the backbone) to base of the tail (inches)
- Weight (pounds)
- Side profile photo (JPEG format is fine)
- NECK (N): Measure the circumference midway between the ears and base of neck.
- LENGTH (L): Measure along the back from between the shoulder blades to the base of the tail.
- CHEST (C): Measure around the widest/deepest part of the chest — usually right behind the front legs.
- Chest Width (CW): Measure the entire width of the chest from the front.
- Waist (W): Measure the circumference of the waist at the skinniest part — usually right in front of the back legs.
- Underbelly (U): Measure the length along the underbelly. Start behind one of the front leg and end in front of the back leg on the same side.
INCLUDE A PHOTO THAT ACCURATELY SHOWS YOUR DOG'S SHAPE
For the best-fitting coat, only send a side profile photo as described here. When taking a side profile photo, it’s important that we get a proper perspective of your dog. Start with a contrasting background. The best side profile photo will show your whole dog — taken directly from the side of your dog and at your dog’s level. Your dog should be standing normally with head level, looking straight ahead. (See sample photograph.)
HELPFUL PHOTO HINTS
It may be necessary to have small dogs standing on a table.
Sometimes it works to have your dog’s attention focused on something outside a window or patio door. We understand that this may be more easily said than accomplished.
AVOID TAKING A PHOTO THAT DISTORTS YOUR DOG'S SHAPE
Avoid an ill-fitting dog coat by taking a photo that clearly shows the shape of your dog. This side profile photo assists Voyagers K9 Apparel in making a well-fitting coat for your dog. The following types of photos should be avoided:
- If the photo is taken from the front, from above, or at a diagonal, we will not be able to see the shape of your dog's chest clearly.
- If your dog is wearing clothes, we will not be able to see the shape of your dog's chest clearly.
- If the back of your dog is arched, or the head is looking up or to the side, the view of your dog's body tends to be distorted in the photo.
- If you are holding your dog in position, the view of your dog's body tends to be distorted in the photo.
If you have any questions, please contact us at Voyagers K9 Apparel.