*image courtesy of @myadventurepup on Instagram
Everyone knows that spending time in nature is good for the soul, especially when you are with your best paw buddy. US National Parks are a great place to get out and explore with your canine companion. We have found the Top 10 National Parks that are Pet Friendly around the US.
Tips Before Heading Out on Your Big Adventure:
- Research where you are going as every NP (National Park) has different rules for pets.
- Check the weather to ensure you and your dog are prepared. We recommend our Voyagers K9 Apparel winter coats for dogs, they are versatile and warm.
- Prepare a "dog bag" for your adventure that contains food, water, snacks, toys, lease, bedding, poop bags and dog safety gear.
- If you have a service dog, they are allowed throughout the parks. We recommend letting a Park Ranger know when you arrive so no issues arise on your trip.
- Refer to the Federal Website for all info on NP Dog Regulations
TOP 10 DOG FRIENDLY NATIONAL PARKS:
10. Badlands National Park, South Dakota
9. Mammoth Cave National Park, Kentucky
8. North Cascades National Parks, Washington
7. Zion National Park, Utah
6. Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
5. Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio
4. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
3. Yosemite National Park, California
2. Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
1. Acadia National Park, Maine
Bonus Tip: Throughout the whole NP System, only one park lets your dog run off leash-- visit Golden Gate National Recreation Area in San Francisco to let your pup run on the beach as you enjoy the beautiful view of the the Golden Gate Bridge from below.
image courtesy of www.nps.gov/noca/
We hope you enjoy your adventure to one of these beautiful parks!