3 Recipes + 3 Snacks, your pup will drool over---
Halloween Howls (Peanut Butter Cookies)
Makes 2 Dozen Total Time 35 mins | Prep 15 mins | Cook 20 mins
2 cups of whole wheat flour or rice flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 cup of unsalted peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
1 cup of skim milk
1. Preheat your oven to 375° F (190° C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour and baking powder in bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and milk, then stir in the flour mixture until it is well blended. Flour a surface to knead the dough on until it is smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut shapes with a cookie cutter or make small balls and use a fork to crosshatch (like the photo). Place each cookie 2 inches apart.
3. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheets and place on wire racks to cool.
4. Have fun Tricking and Treating your pup to these delicious Halloween Howl Cookies.
Makes 2 Dozen Total Time 30 mins | Prep 15 mins | Cook 15 mins
½ cup of pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of quick cook oats
1 Tbsp. of coconut oil
½ tsp. of vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. of honey
¼ cup of Greek yogurt
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 tsp. of ginger
¼ cup of water
1. Preheat oven 350° F (175° C) and lightly grease or spray a mini muffin pan.
2. Place oats in blender or food processor and pulse until oats are about half powder. Place oats and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir until just mixed.
3. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
4. Sprinkle oatmeal on top of each muffin to make them more eye appealing and give your pooch a bit of crunch.
5. Bake for 15-16 minutes until tops are golden brown.
6. Remove from muffin tins and place on wire racks to cool. The muffins can be stored in refrigerator for up to a week or in freezer for 3 months.
Bacon Peanut Butter Treats
Makes About 6 Dozen 1" diameter treats
Total Time 30 mins | Prep 15 mins | Cook 15 mins
3 slices of bacon, diced
1/3 cup of creamy natural peanut butter
1 Tbsp. of maple syrup
3 Tbsp. of water
½ cup of soy flour
½ cup of whole wheat pastry flour
½ cup of wheat germ
1. Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Fry the diced bacon until crispy. With a slotted spoon, remove the crispy bacon but save the fat. Allow the fat to cool slightly (2-5 minutes)
3. Add the egg, peanut butter, maple syrup and water to the bacon fat and mix thoroughly. Add in the flours and wheat germ and mix until combined. Stir in the crispy bacon pieces.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick. Cut into desired shapes. I used three different 1" cookie cutters.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes (for 1" diameter shapes) until lightly browned.
6. Cool on wire rack and treat your pup to this delicious fall snack!
Too busy to make these recipes? We have you covered with some great options that you can buy!
1. Nutro Ultra Oatmeal & Pumpkin Biscuits Healthy Digestion Blend Dog Treats
2. Milk-Bone Farmer’s Medley Grain-Free Turkey & Pumpkin Dog Treats
3. Fruitables Skinny Minis Pumpkin Spice Halloween Dog Treats
We hope your dog enjoys these yummy treats!
Comments will be approved before showing up.